#ERHighSchool #NELASchoolsRock #LDCChampionMentality #HighlandsCouncil #TenthDistrictPTSA #PTAProud #BackpackNotes
When your child comes home from school after a lockdown drill, what’s the best way to start a conversation about it? We turn to expert Dr. Edith Bracho-Sanchez for guidance on these issues. She shares how to have open and honest conversations with children of all ages about lockdown drills, school shootings, and all of the emotions that come along with these topics.
- Read Edith’s CNN articles, “What school threats and lockdowns are doing to a generation of children” and “Parkland suicide deaths highlight long-term psychological impacts of mass shootings”.
- Read “The Impact of School Safety Drills for Active Shootings” to explore guidance from Everytown for Gun Safety, AFT, and NEA.
- Listen to Edith’s podcast, “Las Doctoras Recomendian” and share with the Spanish-speaking families in your community!
- ¡Escucha un pequeño consejo de Edith en español!
- Follow Edith on Twitter at @LaDoctoraEdith and her podcast @DoctorasPodcast